Job Sikhala’s house in alleged Dynamite attack

 

Zim Now Reporter

Opposition politician Job Sikhala claims his family home was bombed with dynamites in the early hours of Saturday morning, in what he has described as a “cowardly act of terrorism.”

In a statement posted on social media, Sikhala said he woke up to “tens of missed calls and messages” informing him that his house had been attacked around 1 a.m. “I am advised that the Zimbabwe Republic Police swiftly attended to the scene, and my children are saying homicide detectives are present at my house as I speak. They are waiting for the military bomb disposal unit to remove the dynamites that were used to attack my house,” Sikhala said.

The opposition figure, currently in South Africa for a book launch, confirmed that his wife was away in the village attending a family memorial. At the time of the incident, only his children, Job Jnr, Ramaloka, Melody, Joshua and Fidel, were at home.

“This is cowardice and whoever did it will pay a dear price. Every normal Zimbabwean must condemn this act of terrorism against my family,” Sikhala declared, urging his children to cooperate with authorities investigating the attack.

Police are yet to issue a public statement on the incident.

Sikhala, a former Zengeza legislator, has long been a prominent government critic. He was released in January 2024 after spending more than 500 days in detention on charges linked to political unrest.

Leave Comments

Top