All Castle Lager Premier Soccer League matches have been suspended with immediate effect.
PSL Communications and Media Liaison Officer Kudzai Bare announced the shock decision in a memo to domestic football stakeholders today.
This is despite the fact that the PSL office had earlier this week confirmed fixtures, with the big game between Highlanders and CAPS United that was set for the National Sports Stadium, the major highlight.
The announcement comes as the National Sports Stadium, which has been hosting eight teams this season, is set to close its doors for rehabilitation.
Bare said matches will resume on July 1.
“This serves to advise that the Castle Lager Premier Soccer League is taking a break with immediate effect and will resume on the 1st of July 2023.
“This has been necessitated by the maintenance work on water reticulation being carried out at the National Sports Stadium and to allow the playing field to regenerate.
“We also expect refurbishment works at Rufaro, Nyamhunga and Sakubva stadia to be completed before we resume Castle Lager PSL matches,” said Bare.
Leave Comments